Prince William Visits Severely Ill Children Evacuated From Gaza for NHS Treatment in the UK
- SAUDI ARABIA BREAKING NEWS

- 11 hours ago
- 2 min read

LONDON, November 30, 2025 (Saudi Arabia Breaking News) – Prince William visited severely ill children from Gaza who are receiving specialist medical treatment in the United Kingdom as part of a UK government humanitarian evacuation programme.
The NHS began providing care to children evacuated from the Gaza Strip in September under a government-led mission. Fifty children were receiving treatment in Britain as of November 21, according to the Department of Health and Social Care.
A spokesperson for Kensington Palace said the Princess of Wales had been “moved by the courage shown by the children and their families”.
Last month, Prince William unveiled a global memorial honouring humanitarian aid workers and delivered remarks highlighting the importance of humanitarian values. He said he hoped to inspire “more empathetic leadership around the world”.
Following his visit, a Palace spokesperson told the BBC: “The Prince wished to offer a moment of comfort to these young people who have endured experiences no child should ever face.
The Prince was also able to offer his heartfelt gratitude to the NHS teams providing exceptional care during such a profoundly difficult time.
His Royal Highness was moved by the courage shown by the children and their families and by the dedication of the team who are supporting them with such professionalism and humanity.”
Children and their families were first evacuated from Gaza to the UK in September, according to government statements.
A UK government spokesperson said: “The government worked with partners to carry out medical evacuations from Gaza to the UK over the autumn. Fifty patients and their immediate family members are now receiving care in surroundings that are safe and welcoming.”
Israel launched an offensive in Gaza in October 2023 after Hamas carried out an attack on October 7 that killed about 1,200 people and resulted in 251 hostages being taken. More than 70,000 people have been killed in Gaza during Israel’s operations, according to the Hamas-run health ministry.
A ceasefire came into effect last month, although some deaths have continued to be reported since then.


