Israeli Forces Kill Two Palestinians in West Bank After Apparent Attempt to Surrender
- SAUDI ARABIA BREAKING NEWS

- 24 hours ago
- 2 min read

PARIS, France, November 29, 2025 (Saudi Arabia Breaking News) – Israeli security forces shot and killed two Palestinian men on Thursday in the Israeli-occupied West Bank after the pair appeared to be surrendering and unarmed during a raid, according to Palestine TV footage.
The footage shows the men exiting a building surrounded by armed Israeli forces in the northern city of Jenin, lifting their shirts and lying on the ground in what appeared to be an act of surrender. The forces then appeared to direct the men back inside the building before firing at close range.
A Reuters journalist in the area saw the men leave the building, apparently surrendering, and later, after hearing gunfire, saw Israeli forces near what appeared to be a lifeless body.
The Palestinian health ministry said the two men were killed, identifying them as 26-year-old Montasir Abdullah and 37-year-old Yusuf Asasa.
The Israeli military and Israel Police issued a joint statement confirming that an investigation had been opened after forces “opened fire towards suspects who had exited a building.” The statement did not provide a reason for the shooting, nor mention that the men had lain on the ground before being directed back into the building.
Jenin Governor Kamal Abu al-Rub accused Israeli forces of carrying out a “cold-blooded execution” of unarmed men who had surrendered. He said those responsible should face accountability, while expressing doubt that Israeli authorities would conduct a genuine investigation.
Israeli forces had been conducting an operation in the Jenin area to apprehend individuals wanted for “terror activities, including hurling explosives and firing at security forces,” according to the military and police statement.
The two men were described by Israeli authorities as “wanted individuals” affiliated with a “terror network in the area of Jenin.” The statement did not specify the accusations or provide evidence of alleged links.
According to the statement, security forces had surrounded the building where the men were located and initiated a “surrender procedure” that lasted several hours.
“Following their exit, fire was directed toward the suspects,” the statement said, adding that the shooting was under review and would be referred to “relevant professional bodies.”
Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir later issued a statement on X expressing “full backing” for the forces involved, writing: “The fighters acted exactly as expected of them – terrorists should die!”
The Jenin raid is the latest in a months-long Israeli campaign across northern West Bank cities. On Wednesday, Israeli forces launched an operation in the nearby city of Tubas.
The Palestinian militant group Hamas, which agreed to a ceasefire with Israel in Gaza last month, condemned the killings as an “execution” and called on the international community to stop what it described as Israel’s “escalating field executions.” The group did not claim the two men as members.


