top of page

Trump Sets Sunday Deadline for Hamas to Accept Gaza Deal

  • Writer: SAUDI ARABIA BREAKING NEWS
    SAUDI ARABIA BREAKING NEWS
  • Oct 3
  • 2 min read
Trump Sets Sunday Deadline for Hamas to Accept Gaza Deal


Riyadh, October 3, 2025 (Saudi Arabia Breaking News) – U.S. President Donald Trump gave Hamas until Sunday evening to agree to his proposal to end the war in Gaza, warning that “all hell” would break out in the enclave if the group refused.


Trump issued the ultimatum in a social media post on Friday after senior Hamas officials signaled resistance to a “take it or leave it” approach, while continuing talks with Arab mediators to shape their response. The plan is backed by major Arab and European powers but faces wide gaps between the parties as the war nears its two-year mark.


“An agreement must be reached with Hamas by Sunday evening at 6 p.m., Washington, D.C. time,” Trump wrote. “If this last chance agreement is not reached, all hell, like no one has ever seen before, will break out against Hamas.”

The Plan and Reactions


Trump’s proposal calls for an immediate ceasefire, the exchange of all hostages held by Hamas for Palestinian prisoners in Israel, a staged Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, the disarmament of Hamas, and the formation of a transitional government led by an international body.


The initiative was presented last week to Arab and Muslim leaders before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu endorsed it during a White House visit. Hamas was not directly involved in drafting the proposal and has rejected past demands to disarm.


Hamas political official Mohammad Nazzal said the group was “looking for gray areas within which we can move,” adding that intensive discussions with Arab mediators, Turkey, and Palestinian factions were ongoing. Another Hamas official told Reuters on Thursday the group had not finalized its response.


White House spokeswoman Karoline Leavitt reiterated Friday that the plan was detailed and acceptable, stressing that “the consequences are going to be very grave” if Hamas refuses.


International Response


U.N. aid chief Tom Fletcher welcomed Trump’s proposal as “a window of opportunity,” saying it could allow urgently needed aid into Gaza and secure the release of hostages. The plan includes provisions for 170,000 metric tons of aid to be distributed by neutral international groups.


Meanwhile, Israel continued its military operations, blocking Gaza City’s main road on Thursday and urging residents to flee south. Israel launched its offensive after Hamas’s October 7, 2023 attack, which killed 1,200 people and led to 251 hostages being taken. According to Gaza health authorities, more than 66,000 Palestinians, most of them civilians, have been killed in the conflict since.

bottom of page