top of page

Trump says U.S. may strike Iran again if no deal is reached

  • 1 day ago
  • 1 min read
Trump says U.S. may strike Iran again if no deal is reached


WASHINGTON, May 19 (Saudi Arabia Breaking News) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that the United States may need to strike Iran again if no agreement is reached, Reuters reported.


Speaking to reporters at the White House, Trump said he had been an hour away from making a decision to launch an attack before postponing it after a new proposal from Tehran.


Trump said a new U.S. attack could happen within days if negotiations fail, citing the need to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon.


Iranian state media reported that Tehran’s latest proposal included ending hostilities on all fronts, the withdrawal of U.S. forces from areas near Iran, reparations for damage caused by U.S.-Israeli attacks, lifting sanctions, releasing frozen funds and ending the U.S. maritime blockade.


Ebrahim Aziz, head of the Iranian parliament’s national security committee, said on X that Trump paused the attack because he understood Iran would respond militarily, Reuters reported.

bottom of page