Saudi Arabia welcomes US procedures to remove Syria from terrorism sponsor list
- Jul 9
- 1 min read

RIYADH, July 9 (Saudi Arabia Breaking News) - Saudi Arabia welcomed the United States’ announcement that it had begun procedures to remove the Syrian Arab Republic from the list of state sponsors of terrorism, the Foreign Ministry said.
The ministry said the designation had been imposed in 1979.
Saudi Arabia reaffirmed its support for positive steps taken by the Syrian government to enhance the country’s security and stability.
The Kingdom also expressed support for efforts to build state institutions.
The ministry said Saudi Arabia backed steps aimed at fulfilling the aspirations of the Syrian people for a more stable and prosperous Syria.
Source: SPA


